Greenhill Academy Use of the Sports Premium Academic Year 2018 - 2019
At Greenhill Academy we provide all of our children with quality and varied physical education lessons with access to excellent sports provision throughout the school year. We aim to help our children develop a healthy lifestyle and reach their full potential, as well as, improve their attainment and achievement in physical education and specific sports.
Allocation of Funding for 2019-2020:- £19 710
Enhancement of Provision
- Oldham Sports Development - Sports coaches in school to teach sports and multi-skills across Early Years, KS1 and KS2.
- Football coach to teach across KS1/KS2.
- Dance specialist to teach across KS2
- Mindfulness teacher to deliver session for one week each half term
- Hathershaw Cluster programme – Competition across the schools with the community
- Swimming Lessons for Years 3 and 4
- Enhancing Playtime Sports Equipment
- Equipment for Extra Curricular sports clubs
- A Boxing Trainer to lead and deliver Boxing club once each week with Years 5/6(Autumn Term), Years 3/4 (Spring term) and Years 1/2 (Summer term)
- First-hand experience of training at the Boxing gym -1 per term
- Sporty Club for both Key Stage 1 & 2
- Sporting Trips and Visitors throughout the year
- Replacing and enhancing PE equipment
- Medal and trophies to celebrate children’s achievements
Outcomes and Targets
- The curriculum is varied and the children are presented with a range of physical exercise and games, which in turn allows us to offer our children many opportunities to develop skills and excel in physical exercise. E.g. Gym, Dance, Games – including multi skills and specific, Mindfulness, Swimming, Freddie Fit and Boxing
- Those children that display further potential or are identified as gifted and talented in different sports are filtered into school competitions, alongside other local schools and directed to clubs within the local area where they can be further developed.
- Our children excel in games, in particular football. These sessions are delivered by a qualified coach to ensure the children receive at least a good standard of teaching in PE and this has been evident during lesson observations.
- Our links with other local primary schools and secondary schools are very strong and we are involved in interschool competitions and sporting events throughout the year. E.g. Football Tournaments, Dance Platforms, Cricket tournaments and other competitions and Hathershaw Cluster Sporting events.
- Our extra-curricular sports clubs cater to all key stages and allow children to develop sports skills, team work, confidence and social skills. E.g. Football, Sporty Club KS1 & KS2 and Boxing.
- Generally the level of achievement in PE is good or better in Early Years and both Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Progress throughout the year groups is evident along with progress within modules and individual lessons.
- Sports Leaders – children developing their knowledge of how to lead/support sporting events throughout the year helping the younger children and representing our school and sporting events within the community.
- Ensure attendance of all children increases and engage the least active children/groups in school through sport and physical activity.
- Decrease further the number of behavioural incidents recorded in school and promote sportsmanship, fair play, self-discipline and team work through PE lessons, Sports clubs and Competitions.
If you would like more information, please contact Mrs Eccles at the academy.
Please click below to download our full Sports Premium report:View PDF